Monday, September 22, 2008

What is my blog all about?

I am here to simply reflect upon the beauties and sorrows of mathematics. To inspire within each of my readers a sense of ultimate truth that is possible to be easily grasped. Am I going to teach you how to do your homework? Yes and no.

In my later entries I might go over some really good study habits that I have accumulated and put together over the many years I have spent learning and teaching math. But truly I will be posting my thoughts and reflections on various perspectives of mathematics, as a discipline having grown and evolved throughout history. Actually, my site, algebraist.org, is being set up to assist with your homework needs. If you have a question to ask me then post it on my site and I will gladly get back to you!
http://www.algebraist.org

Hopefully I will be able to make time to address some common concerns and new age issues. Some examples would be common math disabilities or the latest arguments concerning the necessity to learn fractions.

Also, I love to read. Consequently, I read a lot of math books. When I finish one I will post a little summary and review on its works. Check back weekly (or perhaps even daily) for new posts!

No comments: